This past weekend was filled with family and friends. This is my favorite kind because I love being surrounded by those that I love the most in this world.
Thanksgiving was quite an event at our house. It was a "family blowout", as my father put it. We had 24 people for dinner!! We had to use three tables and found out that when it gets this big there is not an easy way to sit and eat. Next year it'll be buffet style people! I loved the craziness but didn't realize what a toll it took on me until everyone left and I was exhausted! Jason stayed up and did ALL the dishes and cleaned up the house (without me asking), do I have the best husband or what?! Unfortunately for me I had to get up and go to work the next day (rrrrrrrrrr).
Dad Kelly (Boppy) and David had a great time chasing and squirting
each other with mini squirt guns

Jess and Thanapat fought over a very slippery wishbone.
Connie (Jason's mom) was helping to "clean up" the mashed potatoes!

Me on the phone with Thom (in Texas) right after dinner.

Jennifer and Finn

Friday evening we had my best friend, Jennie Apthorpe, and family come to stay with us for the weekend! The kids took FOREVER to calm down and go to sleep, that only happened after we seperated them! The next morning we headed to my parent's house to make some Christmas cookies and a craft! Matthew was the hardest working kid there, and did an awesome job making the Empire biscuits.
Making reindeer ornaments with Jennifer

Saturday evening was a time that I had been looking forward to for awhile now. We (Jason, Jennie Apthorpe, and I) had a "mini reunion" of sorts for our high school class. It's been 13 years since we graduated and we never did have a 10 year reunion. But, some of us got reconnected on Facebook and decided to get together in person! My parents were generous enought to watch our children while we were out for the evening (THANK YOU!!!) What a fun time to reconnect and find out what a bunch of our old friends were up to. After saying hey to everyone, it was funny to see how people got right back together with those they were friends with in highschool (the cliques, if you will). I was with my "clique" of the "band nerds". We weren't really that nerdy but that was what you'd call us for lack of a better term. A number of people looked different and an equal number looked like they hadn't aged a day (how does that happen?).
Jennie and I right before heading out the door for the reunion
Jason tried on his letter jacket from highschool before leaving for the reunion (he didn't actually wear it to the reunion). David came around the corner and looked at his father and said "Wow Daddy, you look facinating!"

On Sunday, Jen and family had to leave :( The kids had such a good time playing over the weekend and so did Jennie and I! The rest of the day was spent lounging around the house and getting Ella and David to take a nap from staying up so late on Friday and Saturday nights. We did get to celebrate Dad's birthday that evening with pizza, cake and icecream (another night with family)!!
We hope your Thanksgiving weekend was just as enjoyable, whether you were shopping, working or spending time with loved ones! Until next time!!!





No comments:
Post a Comment