I'm sure you've asked yourself, where was Alison when Ella and David were sick? Why was it Jason's responsibility to get up all night and do the dirty work, she's the nurse! In my defense I must tell you that I was out of town that weekend! I went away with a bunch of friends from church to a lakehouse at Lake Cumberland (this event had been planned for several months). We spent the weekend chatting, playing games and eating a bunch of really yummy food! When I arrived home on Sunday afternoon I came home to Ella and David feeling better and my husband having done ALL of the laundry in the house! He said he figured he'd go ahead and do the laundry since he was already doing the kids sheets and pj's. What a wonderful guy!!!!!!
On a more pleasant note, Jason has great news to share. He passed his test that he took two weeks ago in Arizona. This is a big deal as far as his job goes. He can now stamp his own work, and others if he needed to!
This past Saturday I went to the Gap Outlet with Emily and my sister Jennifer and her son Finn. We braved both the weather (it was cold and rainy) and the crowds to get some awesome deals! Ontop of it all we had a 30% off coupon!!! If you know me well, I'm all about the coupons!
Early that afternoon we went to an art fair at Ella's school (a fundraiser for the art program). We saw a dot painting that Ella had done of a chipmunk on a log. I spoke with her art teacher telling her how much Ella enjoyed art and her art classes. Ms. Kemper, the art teacher, said she could tell how much Ella enjoyed art and that she thought Ella was very good at it. I told Ella, who was standing nearby, what her teacher had said and Ella just made a motion with her hand that said "Oh, go on!" I laughed, as did everyone else. I'm hoping we witnessed some true humility.

The kids have the day off school today, which is fortunate with Emily feeling so bad. I had planned to take them to paint pottery. My motivation behind this is the fact that both Emily and Ella painted a plate for me when they were 4 1/2 years old. David is now that age and I am hoping to have him do the same thing today and then I can display their work in my kitchen!
That's it for now, until next time!





No comments:
Post a Comment