Welcome to The Hartland

The Hartland is our family blog. This is where we'll share what is happening in our lives, big and small, with those who care. Enjoy!!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

December doings


We're halfway through December and in some ways I'm thankful. I always dread the business of this time of year but am thankful that we don't have a lot of the extras that eat up time like so many other people. I finally got around to decorating the house last week and we put up the Christmas tree this past Saturday. It actually took us three attempts to get the star on top!


David with the first attempt



Ella with the second attempt



Jason with the third, final and successful attempt!



David and Ella playing under the Christmas tree



Jason and I also celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary this past week and enjoyed an evening alone together!




My one gripe is that we haven't had much snow yet. We got a small snow of about 2 inches on the 6th and a piddly one inch today. Ella and David were so excited about the two inches on the sixth that they suited up and played outside for about a half hour (then it got too dark). I'd like to see at least 4-5 inches, at least enough that you don't see the grass and have a nice blanket of snow to enjoy looking at.


David and Ella suited up for fun in the snow



There is not much else to report around here, life is routine, but don't get me wrong I'm not complaining! I probably won't write until after Christmas, I'm sure you understand. Jason and I both wish that you find the true peace, joy and hope that Jesus' birth brought. May you slow down and reflect honestly upon who He is, what He said, and what He asks of you. Until later, much love from us to you!

No comments: