
This was one of those weekends that we all enjoy. Nothing to do and plenty of time to do it!
Friday started with Halloween. We were without Emily because she had a sleepover planned with the junior high girls from church and went trick or treating beforehand with a friend also going to the sleepover. I found out the next day that the police arrived to the house that they were staying at while the girls were outside playing a game and questioned them! What a roudy bunch! I'm just kidding, the police were making their nightly rounds on the empty lot next to the house and the girls just happened to be outside at the same time. When one of the ladies came out and vouched for the girls the police left. It gave the girls quite a scare though!
Our two unicorns were joined by a flapper (Nataliya) and made their way around Mamaw and Papaw's neighborhood within 45 minutes. Ella broke tradition and decided that she wanted to continue onto ANOTHER STREET! Emily had never been interested in going past the first street and the other two had usually been worn out by that time BUT this year we went onto another street and collected candy. Jason and I were both proud thinking of how we would practically run from house to house with our siblings on Halloween as children to get as much candy as possible. It's funny though because Ella doesn't eat much candy, just plain M&M's and York patties! I wasn't about to rain on her parade though (more candy for Jason and I)!


Saturday brought a lot of nothing and then Finn in the afternoon. We had the privledge of watching him overnight while Jennifer and Joe went to Columbus for a small get away. Finn was perfectly behaved and was quiet. He did wake up in the middle of the night and I figured out that he was hungry when he tried to nurse from me! YIKES! I quickly heated up a bottle for him and that made both of us happy. He fell back asleep easily and then did well in the nursery at church. His mom and dad were waiting at our house when we got home from church and he seemed very happy to see them!
Jason has a very long day today. He's traveling to Phoenix, AZ and back to take a test for his supervior stamp for HVAC systems. He left at 3:30 this morning and won't land back in Dayton until after 11pm. Thankfully he just has one test to take (he passed the other 5 parts in the spring) and he's feeling pretty good about passing this one on this go around! Pray for him if you think of it, it's a big deal as far as his job is concerned.
That's it for now, I'll post again soon! Until then, enjoy the small "Indian summer" we have going on!





No comments:
Post a Comment