EMILY
Emily went to Homecoming in late September with a bunch of friends. The theme was “Neon Night”. This dance is known to be more casual than others and as such Emily did not spend a lot of money on her outfit. Despite this, I think she looked absolutely beautiful!
![]() |
| The shoes! |
Emily’s fall has consisted of little else than school, home and youth group. She had hoped to acquire a job but has not secured one yet.
Emily’s fall has consisted of little else than school, home and youth group. She had hoped to acquire a job but has not secured one yet.
Emily and David have had several humorous interactions lately, here are a few of them…
* Emily announced at the dinner table that she had a new boyfriend (she’s no longer dating him now) and David’s response was, “Hubba hubba!!!”
* Again at the dinner table, Emily and David both burped and high fived over the table about it. I know I’ve taught them better than that but it was quite amusing!
* Emily said one evening “Don’t trust teenage boys!” David thought about this for a moment and then responded “That means when I’m a teenager, I can’t trust myself!” How true!
ELLA
Ella started playing piano this fall. As a “compromise” over her not playing in the school band we decided that she would take piano lessons for one year. At the end of that year she could decide whether or not to continue with the lessons. I found a local piano teacher who is the step mother of one of the girls I went to nursing school with. She offers very reasonable prices and is less than 10 minutes away!
![]() |
| Ella practicing on her keyboard. |
Another change for Ella is that she has been trying new foods lately. Since she’s turned 10 years old, she no longer is under any obligation to take a certain amount of bites of food at the dinner table (one of our rules). Since this time she has willingly tried several foods and even said she’s liked them! A further change for her is that she is asking for a doll for Christmas! If you know Ella, she has rarely played with a doll, choosing stuffed animals instead. The only time I’ve known her to play with a doll is when all her stuffed animals have been bagged up (either for a consequence or because of a lice invasion).
One last thing is that Ella surprised me one Saturday morning with a song she had written, entitled “Happiness”. She used the music to the song “Fireflies” by Owl City and wrote new lyrics. Here is her song….
You wake to morning light,
tired but in delight.
You feel happy,
you want to shout out now!
As day fills the open air,
You leave happy everywhere.
I'd like to make the world believe
that our Lord is our key.
All we need for happiness
is Him and Him alone,
so why do some people reject?
Spring, many are great reasons,
yes but the main one
is being sheep of God.
I'd like to make people believe
that our top reason to be happy is God.
Ohhhhhh, I love Him so much,
My trust is complete.
Another reason is this,
your family and friends.
They're another part of your
good attitude and help you through life!
DAVID
David recently lost his two and a half year old goldfish, Goldie. If you’ll recall, David got Goldie on his fifth birthday, click here for the link to that post. We had the traditional toilet bowl burial and I couldn’t get the scene from the Cosby Show when they flush Rudy’s goldfish down the toilet, we looked just the same gathered around the porcelain throne. You can watch it on You Tube here. Although we were not dressed up, in fact Masamo was about to get into the bath, we gave Goldie the funeral she deserved. Despite this, Masamo was very upset that we flushed Goldie. I don’t think he really understood that Goldie was dead and thought we were just being mean and Goldie was stuck in the potty! We had to prove to Masamo that the fish was not stuck in the potty by taking the tank lid off and telling him that what we did is how you bury fish!
All that said, David got a new fish. Flashy is a blue male Betta fish. I can’t tell you how much cleaner this fish is than our beloved Goldie, it’s wonderful!
| David and his new fish, Flashy! |
In early October David tested for and got his LIME belt in Karate! He blew through his orange belt and only spent two months learning what he needed to in order to advance to his Lime belt. Here are some pictures and a video of that day.
![]() |
| David testing for his lime belt. |
| David and his instructor, Mr. Patten. |
| David with his new lime belt on! |
David stating his name, favorite thing about karate, and eight things he has improved upon showing self discipline (this is part of his test too).
Here are two other stories involving David…
David asked out of the blue one evening in early fall if we could pray for “the people who were attacked by ‘The Irene’”. It was amusing and touching all at the same time. News about hurricane Irene was all over and I was happy to see David showing sensitivity to others in need and knowing that we can always go to God with our needs and concerns.
David was in the backseat with Masamo one recent morning and was busy explaining to Masamo that the work “hot” not only meant very warm but also meant cute. In his next breath he looked up at me and asked “Mom, what is a toupee?” I’m not really sure what to make of his train of thought here but I like what a friend of mine said, “Make sure he knows that toupees are NOT hot!”
MASAMO
Two silly Masamo stories are as follows…
Masamo was being a little crazy and decided to repeatedly say “I beg your pardon” over and over again. By doing this he ended up confusing himself and started saying “A bag of puddin” instead!
One recent morning I was trying to explain what "holy" meant to Masamo and I used the word "clean", among many other words and phrases to try and explain it to him. I guess "clean" stuck with him because he asked me if I was going to make the house holy today!
One last thing I'd like to leave you with is a new song by Casting Crowns, it's entitled "So Far To Find You". This song so wonderfully expresses an adoptive parent's heart for their child. Please listen to it, I hope it touches your heart as much as it touched mine. Click the link to a You Tube video with the lyrics here.








No comments:
Post a Comment