Welcome to The Hartland

The Hartland is our family blog. This is where we'll share what is happening in our lives, big and small, with those who care. Enjoy!!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Miscellaneous Happenings

Masamo has taken a real liking to puzzles. He’s gotten very good at putting them together (50 pieces or less). I no longer have to help him with the ones we have at home. I am now on the lookout for any cheap puzzles or anything of the like so that I can encourage him in his enthusiasm for problem solving!


I caught David being silly while he was waiting for his bus to arrive one morning for school. He is typically waiting for about 5 minutes because the bus driver won’t even slow down if David is not out in the driveway when he comes down the street. David was bored and so entertained himself in this manner, spinning in circles as you see him below, yelling for the bus driver to hurry up and come pick him up.

Jason did some recent maintenance on my car and Masamo was right there ready and willing to help. It’s cute to see him right up there and interested in everything his dad is doing.



In Mid March David achieved getting his second tip for his white belt. At the moment he’s getting ready to test for his third tip. I really have noticed a change in his overall attitude since starting karate. He is a lot more respectful, obedient and much less whiny. I don’t know if I can contribute all of these things to karate but I do know its helping!

Jason got out his old Nintendo the other week and the kids were having a blast playing Duck Hunt. Masamo in particular took a keen interest in this game. He was allowed a gun and to shoot it at the screen. He typically likes to stand only a foot from the screen and we constantly have to remind him to back away but the closer he is the better he does!


Because it’s now spring we are getting erratic beautiful days. Here are the kids enjoying the sunshine and warmth.



Masamo has also learned to ride a tricycle. He has been trying for so long to do this. It took him awhile to figure out how to push back and forth between left and right foot, and to do this going forward. We’re proud of this accomplishment!


David told me the other week how you tell the difference between boys and girls. I forget the context of the conversation but I’ll give you his responses to the question. At first he told me that girls have long hair and boys have short hair. I then asked him what happens if the boy has long hair or the girl has short hair. David then told me that if that is the case then you look at their ears because girls wear two earrings and boys only have one. I left the conversation there as I was not going to push him into territory he was not interested in or aware of. Jason has one earring in his ear and so this is the perspective that David has on earrings. I just thought it was an amusing story!

No comments: