Welcome to The Hartland

The Hartland is our family blog. This is where we'll share what is happening in our lives, big and small, with those who care. Enjoy!!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Emily's Wisdom Teeth

Emily had to get her wisdom teeth out recently. We were told by her dentist after her recent check up that they needed to be removed and we were referred to an oral surgeon. The day came for the procedure and I took Emily in to get her teeth removed.

We had been told that tooth #1 & #32 were to be removed. We were not sure what this meant but found out when we saw her panoramic mouth x-ray that she only had two wisdom teeth, both of which were on her right side. The oral surgeon comforted Emily by telling her that she was lucky because she only had two wisdom teeth and that they were both on the same side and so the pain would be localized and a whole lot less.

Despite the after pains of the surgery, a puffy cheek and a yellow bruise for a few days, Emily did a wonderful job. I took video of her on the way home from the oral surgeon. We had discussed beforehand that if she was acting silly or goofy that I had her permission to video tape her so that she could watch herself later. I promised her I would not post it online but she told me that she did not mind and actually encouraged me to do so. That being said, the link below is to the video directly, it's not a public link. You can't search the internet and find this video, you have to use the direct link. Just so you know, the video is about 11 minutes long. Enjoy

Link to Emily's post wisdom teeth surgery video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzVacxeawmE

No comments: