Welcome to The Hartland

The Hartland is our family blog. This is where we'll share what is happening in our lives, big and small, with those who care. Enjoy!!

Sunday, June 14, 2009



We've had an end to a lot of activities lately but it doesn't seem that things are going to slow down any. The soccer season ended for Emily but she will be attending soccer conditioning and camps this summer in preparation for trying out for the high school team in August. School ended for everyone but I plan on having everyone still reviewing as much as possible in order to keep all the learning that was done this past school year from oozing out their ears over the summer.

As I mentioned, school ended, and as a result we had another ceremony to attend. Emily had a "promotion ceremony" for her eighth grade class. My parents, David and I attended this and got a preview of just how involved her high school graduation will be. Thankfully the ceremony did not take long but it did take over 30 minutes to read through all 360 students' names, ugh!





To start off the summer, Emily had a makeup party! We invited some of her friends over to learn how to properly apply make up and how to take care of their skin. Unfortunately I don't have much knowledge of makeup application so I thought we could both learn together and have a good time doing it!



The girls after having put on their makeup!

Ella joined in the fun and after having her aunt put makeup on her she looked in the mirror and said "I look goooood!"


We decided to change up our scenery this past weekend and went downtown to enjoy the park by the river. The younger two had a good time looking at the river and playing at the playground, making friends with whoever they happened to meet.






I love this shot!


My mom shared a story with me about something Ella said this past week. They were driving along and were watching a string of cars go past and my mom referred to them as a parade. Shortly they turned onto the same street as the "parade" and joined in the line of cars at which time Ella said "Now we're the clown car!" You never know what will come out of the mouth of young ones!


I'll leave you with a few snapshots of my garden, taken earlier this week. I would love to share it in person with anyone interested! Gardening is my hobby. Jason has his cars, and I have my flowers. Until next time!




No comments: