Welcome to The Hartland

The Hartland is our family blog. This is where we'll share what is happening in our lives, big and small, with those who care. Enjoy!!

Monday, October 6, 2008

We had some possible beginnings and/or endings this past week. Only time will tell which they were. I'm sure some have no idea of what I write so I'll unravel the mystery.

This past Friday Emily performed with the junior high band on the football field for the first time. It was homecoming at our school and the JH band was invited to join the high school band in playing the fight song on the field during the pre-game show. Emily has said that she does not want to continue on in band next year and so this may have been the only time Jason and I had to see her perform with a marching band. :( We tell ourselves that she is her own person and we can not live through her but we also don't want her missing out on an awesome opportunity. I'm posting a shortened video of her performance. It's shaky because I was videotaping with David and Ella hanging on me and bouncing around. Emily also ends up behind a cymbal player most of the time but I'll take what I can get.







The next morning Emily ran her final race of this cross country season. It was run on the hardest course but she did an excellent job and pushed herself very hard. Emily also does not plan on continuing on in cross country next fall but instead hopes to get onto a high school soccer team.



Jason had a hopeful beginning this past Saturday. For the past several years he has been running in various 5 or 10K runs but always made it a point to participate in one in particular (it has a great after party). This run is the Reggae Run, which is a 5K, held at Ault Park in the beginning of October. He had a goal for his recovery from his broken leg of running the Reggae Run this year and he accomplished his goal! It was almost 10 months to the day from his accident. His time was about 29 minutes, not bad, huh? His leg felt fine but the next day he was tired and ached all over, but who wouldn't?

Jason and I at the after party




That's about it for now. I hope everyone is enjoying the cool evenings of this fall. I'm still waiting for the leaves to change color but I'm also thinking that this fall won't be as pretty as it could be due to the lack of rain and Hurricane Ike blowing through. Until next time!


No comments: