Welcome to The Hartland

The Hartland is our family blog. This is where we'll share what is happening in our lives, big and small, with those who care. Enjoy!!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

This post is a double post. I'm including the past Memorial Day weekend AND the baby bird. First the birds.


I took a picture of the babies on Tuesday morning and I plan on going out again tomorrow morning to check on them too. Here is what they looked like two days ago!




They are really starting to look like their momma!


Now for the past weekend. I hope yours was as relaxing as ours was at "The Land". If you enjoy campfires, napping in a hammock, marshmallow wars, walks in the woods, finding crawdads, riding quads, playing horseshoes and cornhole and singing "Tom Sawyer" by Rush at 3am then you missed a great time (I'll explain in a minute)!


This year's weather couldn't have been more perfect!! Friday night was a bit damp but the rest of the weekend made up for it. We had about 15 people join our family and Mamaw and Papaw for the weekend. The younger kids had a great time playing together and so did the bigger kids. The popular activity was to play Rock Band, courtesy of Shane Beverly who brought his X-Box, big screen tv, speakers, and a tent enclosure for it all. We provided the generator to make it all function but the guys had a blast playing till the wee hours of the morning. At 3am on Sunday morning I was awoken by someone, who had a bit too much to drink, singing "Tom Sawyer" by Rush and by Shane himself whooting and hollering. It's a good thing that there aren't many people living around there! Another new addition this year were marshmallow guns! Mamaw and Papaw had purchased these cheaply and they are made of painted PVC pipe. You load in a mini marshmallow and use it like a blowgun! Jason and I had a great time sneeking up on Emily (and being video taped by Mamaw) and pelting her with the tiny sweet treats!
Anyway, here are some pictures from the weekend (yes, Emily and I were there even though we are not pictured).

Ella being Ella, need I say more?!

David found a rock, "Isn't it cute?"

Jason with his personal quad fixing assistant.

A Trio of Quad Riders, does that make any sense?


No comments: